We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Therefore, when the moment comes to part with reality, we begin to regret what we did not do, for which we did not have the courage. We notice what has blocked our way to happiness.
A German hospice worker wrote down the most-spoken sentences by people who died in the facility in which she worked. In this way, a list of things that dying people regret most often was created.
- I regret that I did not lead the life I wanted, but the life that others expected of me. We often do not what we want, but what others expect from us. For fear of what "people will say", what "they will think and how they will judge us." We are not even honest with ourselves, we suppress our desires, we do not reach for our dreams. The list's author emphasized that most of the dying people she talked to did not try to fulfill even half of their dreams.
- I regret working so much. This sentence, according to the author of the statement, fell on the lips of every male patient. Mainly because most of them belonged to the previous generation, in which men were engaged in earning for the family.
- I wish I had the courage to express my feelings. Unspoken feelings, undisclosed regrets, stewed attention are the cause of many stress. They do not allow honesty in relationships, they destroy peace and a sense of happiness. From feelings of bitterness and indignation a short way to worse well-being and diseases.
- I regret not having relationships with friends. Friends, especially the most faithful, are often underestimated. One can be so attached to them that their presence and readiness to help is considered obvious and lasting. Which in turn leads to the fact that relationships that need to be cultivated so that they can survive are often neglected.
- I regret not letting myself be happy. Almost everyone is afraid of change. However, only some changes paralyze and do not allow the next step. It was them, in the list of hospice employees, who complained that they could not feel happy because of their own fault.
What do you think about this set?