We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Vegetable purees are the first food that we will introduce in the baby diet. Each vegetable corresponds to a time, but the leek is among the first that we can safely include, since it does not usually cause food allergies.
The leek It is a very healthy vegetable, both for children and adults. It has a high content of fiber, vitamins (A, B1, C and E) and minerals, among which iron, calcium, phosphorus and potassium stand out, all very necessary for the growth of children.
- 6 leeks
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion
- Half a cup of vegetable broth
- 200 ml of water
- Olive oil
- Salt (optional)
Guiainfantil.com teaches us how to prepare a cream or puree of leeks for babies who are beginning to spoon-feed.
1. Wash and chop the leeks into slices and the potato into pieces. Besides, chop the onion very finely.
2. Put oil to heat in a pot and add the onion. When the onion is transparent add the leeks, sauté them for a few minutes and also add the potato.
3. Cover with cold water and cook over medium heat for about half an hour, until the potato is tender.
4. Blend everything, reserving the broth. Return to the fire with a little broth, mix and cook for a few minutes. Correct by adding more broth if it is very thick and serve. For babies, we suggest that you pass the puree through a strainer, to remove any lumps.
Guiainfantil's trick: A little salt and pepper can be added to make a version of the puree for older children or parents.
You can read more articles similar to Leek and potato puree. Recipe for babies, in the category of Creams and purees on site.