We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
What is anaphylactic shock?
Anaphylactic shock is a sudden reaction of the body to contact with an intolerant component. The factor that causes the shock can be food, medicine or insect stings, for example a mosquito. In children, anaphylactic shock is mainly caused by food ingredients. Most often they are: nuts, citrus, eggs, seafood, food additives. If a shock occurs, the child needs immediate help. Otherwise, the sudden reaction of the body may even result in death.
How soon does anaphylactic shock occur?
Anaphylactic shock is a sudden reaction, it appears in a few seconds or several minutes after contact with an intolerant component.
Symptoms of anaphylactic shock in a child
- redness, itching of the skin
- pale sweaty skin
- cold limbs
- watery eyes
- bad mood,
- breathing difficulties.
Anaphylactic shock is a life-threatening situation, so you should call an ambulance when it occurs.
What to do if a child experiences anaphylactic shock?
If your child is allergic and you can expect anaphylactic shock, please inform the person around you. It is worth having adrenaline with you, which should be given at the first signs of shock. The allergist will also recommend buying antihistamines. At the pharmacy we will get special automatic syringes with adrenaline.
If the child is unconscious, place them in a safe side position.
Anaphylactic shock, if the reaction is fast and adequate, passes without any consequences for health.
The first anaphylactic shock is usually a shock to parents. Therefore, be alert when it occurs. Unfortunately, after some time as a result of re-contact with the causative agent, it may reappear.